Bistro-Style Veal Burgers
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground veal
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Cheddar or pepper jack cheese (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Place torn bread into a bowl and sprinkle with milk and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in egg until combined. Season with basil, rosemary, and pepper. Mix in veal until evenly mixed. Shape veal mixture into four patties.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the hot grill. Grill veal burgers to desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Place a slice of cheese on each burger, and allow to melt for about 1 minute before serving on buns.