Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
COOL TIME: 30 minutes
PAIR WITH: Sparkling Demi Sec
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate of your choice, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries with leaves on
- White chocolate chips (optional)
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, heat chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- Holding berries by the stem, dip each one in molten chocolate, about three-quarters of the way to the stem.
- Place, stem side down or on their side, on wire rack and chill in refrigerator until hardened.
Optional: After cooling the berries. Carefully melt some white chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Using a fork drizzle white chocolate in lines over the cooled berries.