Creamy Mashed Potatoes
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan
- Peel and dice potatoes, keeping uniform size. Put in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to a rolling boil. Boil until potatoes fall apart when tested with a fork.
- Gently warm the half-and-half in a medium saucepan over medium until simmering. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain. Mash the potatoes and add the heated cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and let stand to thicken before serving.