Steamed King Crab with Gewürztraminer Sauce
- 1 cup Warner Gewürztraminer
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds frozen King crab legs, cut crosswise between the joints
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon balm or 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced spearmint
- In a saucepan, boil the Gewürztraminer over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat.
- Using kitchen shears, cut along the length of the crab leg shells. Arrange the legs in a single layer in a large steamer basket or bamboo steamer; steam until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the crab legs to a platter.
- Gently rewarm the sauce over low heat and stir in the chives, lemon balm and spearmint. Pour the sauce into warmed dipping bowls and serve at once with the crab.